Service: MOT inspection
An older car is also inspected every year, isn't it?
LET US DO THIS FOR YOUR SAILING AND ENJOY A CAREFREE SAILING SEASON!
- You bring your sails in the months of September to December (from January new year is of course also possible)
- We can also pick up (and bring) your sails and, if desired, (help) rig and rig them
- We can dry the sails for you and have them cleaned if desired
- We check the sails and small repairs are done, for larger repairs you will be contacted first, then we store your sails clean and dry
- The sails can be collected by you at the start of the sailing season in mid-March (or earlier if desired) or, as said before, brought by us.
Yacht sail coating: Sail Refit
Ultramar has developed a coating. We will promote a treatment with this coating as Sail Refit.
It makes a tarp very water and dirt repellent. It also ensures that a sail feels firmer / newer. Other properties can be found on the website of Ultramar.
MOT for your sailing!
What does a minor repair involve?
Loose seams over max. 40 cm (usually along the leech) or
• Attachment of hanks (webbing strap or harp) or
• stitching lap, neck angle or hoist or
• Small hole (s), tear (s) in the sail (max. + 10-15cm) or
• Other activities with a maximum working time of 30 min.
For example, minor repairs include:
• Replace / replace air tape
• Replace UV strip / put on new
• Replace lap, neck angle eg stocking
• Place (additional) reef
• New leech tire both with and without regulation line
• Cracks in the sail
SAIL RIPPED AND YOU ARE PASSANT?
• If the marina is within a circle of 40 km from Zaandam, we will collect your sail (s) and bring it back repaired (repair in principle within 1-2 days) for an additional fee of € 0.50 p / km
• Outside the circle of 40 km, a travel time allowance is added.
• CALL IN ADVANCE FOR PRICE INDICATION.